Aug 31, 2018

words for you from "the smash hits of the bible""

The bible sometimes has stuff that feels so relevant to the period we are in.
The moment we feel stuck in .. that can not get out of
That moment in time reaching down, holding me here. 
But also preventing us from growing,
Moving forward, it not a keen place, nor a good place to be, like the present.
It not bad idea to cling to the words visited before like in Psalms. .""smash hits of the bible"" here are some words from `Psalm 40` and `Psalm 41`.
Speak to me this day.
Which is not brilliant . . truth be told.
I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.

Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.

“God, be gracious!
    Put me together again—
    my sins have torn me to pieces.”
My enemies are wishing the worst for me;
    they make bets on what day I will die.
If someone comes to see me,
    he mouths empty platitudes,
All the while gathering gossip about me
    to entertain the street-corner crowd.
These “friends” who hate me
    whisper slanders all over town.



No comments:

Let's indulgence with each other.

Perhaps it's my age, or part of the process of grieving,could simple be the time of year. But today well indeed this whole weekend. Feel...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"