Jan 24, 2020

Self serving faith

Been odd started thinking  . . . .return to those presenting `a personal Jesus`
He is mine and mine alone
YouTube worship Karaoke songs about my faith,
my life,my source of redemption
My journey,my eyes upon you,
Sadly there a Lack of empowerment ,also sadly no participation,results very poor practice
My testimony, with my family, praying a `heaven entry prayer`





Form of spiritual masturbation

Self Centred theology, Irrelevant to neighbours or community live among.

Discussion earlier today someone else has formed view,
 that this was `conservative` view beginning with Thatchers.
There is no community,  .  .  . you can achieve for self
Good chat as another reflected truth around those who belief is . .`self owned personal Jesus`.

All about self ,we have personal Jesus, not for sharing,lack true Faith,
belonging to culture self serving,
Rooted in political outlook we have adopted in small part of rural Church.

Unsure how we emerge into something more valuable to others
More valuable to the world
More valuable to community's we are placed among

No comments:

Montalbano, “investigations are not what they used to be, uncertain, vague, contradictory, and scatter brained,”

  Pretty disappointed in last Montalbano. Beautiful, engaging, draws me in,  stories with such interesting crimes, romance, topics, politica...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"