Dec 9, 2019

Burn down disco Hang the blessed DJ . . the music that they constantly play . .says nothing to me about life

Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again?
The leeds side-streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself
Hopes may rise on the grasmere
But honey pie, you're not safe here
So you run down
To the safety of the town
But there's panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
I wonder to myself



Do you want to know what I think of you? Yes, my honest view.
 You don't? 

 It will help you.
 It really will. 

I mean. . . . .how are you ever going to get it right
 if you don't know what you're doing wrong?




 This song well l do not feel/think, it as much about race, nor sexuality But it was about the culture of British popular music. For a while most music was disco/dance. Adult orientated, many other music, progressive, rock, FM held deeper lyrics, but like emotions in soul music. In some ways, it’s never quite about depth you think.

In other themes is it about the shallowness . .  yes sometimes it meant to be throwaway. 


No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"