Aug 21, 2013

when l was younger and daft

when l was younger and in my teens
l walked by myself from Alborough to Robin hoods bay
now l wonder if l can walk the cliffs around my home
firstly look at medicines then time drink and food
along with spray in case l get out of breath

then

l would take some cans and food
a rucksack with clothes and sleeping bag
tent
and a few quid
and walk
for three days
almost without a care





was it just the time and my age?
or
a period in my life
when l was fearless
clumsy
energetic
daft

NOW
Am l more skilled, lazier fearful of the time, or events, or is just age that makes me pococurante
the event till l suck the energy away and no longer want to make the journey

EITHER way who would come with me because l not sure l want to journey alone any more!

No comments:

Farewell Matty, hope pray see you in heaven.

Matthew David Waller, was born into a large working class family, in a Northern fishing Port called Hull. Hull, for those who don’t know, is...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"