Jan 19, 2013

how we treat others?




I guess it's funnier from where you're standing
'Cause from over here I've missed the joke
Cleared the way for my crash landing I've done it again,
another number for your notes
I'd be smiling if I wasn't so desperate
I'd be patient if I had the time
I could stop and answer all of your questions
 As soon as I find out how I could move from the back of the line

 I'd be less angry if it was my decision
And the money was just rolling in
 If I had more than my ambition
I'll have time to please
 I'll have time to thank you as soon as I win

From a distance my choice is simple
From a distance I can entertain
So you can see me I put makeup on my face
But there's no way you can feel it From so far away

these are some lyrics that coaught me out yesterday as l listened to the radio
l aloways try and catch Radio 2 then the archers on radio 4 not always possible
the lyrics are from Clown by Emillie Sands one of last years surpirised artist
the song and l get captured by the words often in music as oppossed to the tune or the beat
the words appear to be about someone who just not getting the way things are happening and the resulting treatment they face
l am espiccally touched by the first line:-I guess it's funnier from where you're standing
'Cause from over here I've missed the joke
As you reflect with myself maybe l need to think about how l joke and see other people.


No comments:

Montalbano, “investigations are not what they used to be, uncertain, vague, contradictory, and scatter brained,”

  Pretty disappointed in last Montalbano. Beautiful, engaging, draws me in,  stories with such interesting crimes, romance, topics, politica...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"