Oct 10, 2012

I just hope I'm not the only one



I hope that the world stops raining
Stops turning it's back on the young
See nobody here is blameless
I hope that we can fix all that we've done

I really hope others can see this
I hope that we still have a dream
I'm hoping that change isn't hopless
I'm hoping to start it with me


I hope we start seeing forever
Instead of what we can gain in a day
I hope we start seeing each other
Cause don't we all bleed the same

I really hope someone can hear me
That a child doesn't bear the weight of a gun
I find the voice within me
To scream at the top of my lungs

I hope we still have a heartbeat
I hope we don't turn to snow
A night when you turn the lights off
I hope you don't cry alone

I hope we stop taking for granted
All of the land and all of the sea
I'm taking a chance on loving
I hope that you take it with me

I just hope I'm not the only one
I just hope I'm not the only one I just hope I'm not the only one

 

No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"