Sep 17, 2010

by now l should know better




l had a ruff 24 hours,
emotions have been really upside down.
should be more careful
at my age l expect to be able to weather a few storms
but l am surprised by how disturbed l got.
even lost some sleep walking the cliff face at 6.30 in the morning
(don't worry not needing the Samaritans).
if l was honestly sharing my truest feelings then it feels like l have come out of the square ring, losing by points.
that a feeling l know from my past
the fighter sits alone in the dressing room
the shouts nearby. . . .
let him know everyone`s getting on with what`s going on elsewhere!
He is sat trapped with his thoughts.



She asks me how the cat's been. I say, "Moses he's just fine
but he used to think about you all the time.
We finally took your pictures down off the wall.
Oh, Jessie, how do you always seem to know just when to call?"
She says, "Get your stuff together. Bring mose and drive real fast."
And I listen to her promise, "I swear to God this time it's gonna last."

Jessie paint your pictures
'bout how it's gonna be.
By now I should know better, your dreams are never free.
But tell me all about our little trailer by the sea;
Jessie you can always sell any dream to me.

I'll love you in the sunshine, lay you down in the warm white sand.
And who knows, maybe this time things'll turn out just the way you planned.

oh Jessie how do you know just when to call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gre4DZuA6k4

No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"