May 2, 2023

I feel ill, then my heart slows..l get grumpy and sleep...I`m sorry...

Those were happy days in so many, many ways
In the town I have loved so well...
While the man on the dole played the mother's role
Fed the children and then trained the dogs
And when times got rough there was just about enough
But they saw it through without complaining
For deep inside was a burning pride
I remember the day that I earned my first pay
There I spent my youth and to tell you the truth
I was sad to leave it all behind me
For I'd learned 'bout life 
In the town I loved so well . . .

I returned, how my eyes have burned . . . .To see how a town could be brought to its knees.


I feel ill, then my heart slows..l get grumpy and sleep...I`m sorry..

No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"