Dec 14, 2021

Each of us can have a life ,that could fall apart, in these 2021 Dickensian times.

 Sleeping rough.

 spiralling into drug and alcohol addiction.

 unable to meet economic costs.

Family relationship breakdown

mental well being not developed

faith in life and others fails


Dickensian - relating or similar to something described in the books of the 19th century British writer, Charles Dickens, especially living or working conditions that are below an acceptable standard

Up every morning with the sun
I work all day till the evening comes
Blisters and corns all in my hands
Lord, have mercy on a working man

I guess I’m gonna die just like I’m living
In poverty

My pay goes down and my tax goes up
I drink my tea from a broken cup
Between my woman and Uncle Sam
I can’t figure out whose fool I am

I guess I’m gonna die just like I’m living
In poverty

so many songs sing about poverty, blues, and spirituality, here above words about life, praying and clear understanding about issue of poverty.

l think we are letting this one slip, Poverty getting much worse, children still suffering, see diets that are poor, housing that's sub standard, people lot near myself live in cold ,damp Caravans, in middle of winter, know far few go to Bed around 19-00 until the lights come on outside, know people who get a hot cup of tea in Church hall or local cafe and sit for hour. Some stay there most of the morning.

Witness also great sense of grace offered.

Cafe who know the customers only got a wee bit of money top up plate.

Neighbours look out for few suffering.

Church foodbank.

Even local council trying.

its a constant battle.

No comments:

Life going so fast,nephews even got homework.

What can l say Hull City had a good win. 4_1 against Cardiff. Nephew got me spending on him, every penny was worthwhile, we talked laughed ,...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"