Feb 5, 2021

Little by little.........who would think denying Holocaust! risen in my short lifetime ...l grieve

Remember the Holocaust. Never forget how it came to be: little by little...hateful rhetoric, fear-mongering, visible designations of discrimination, radically inhumane nationalism, white supremacy...all festering until reality reflected rhetoric, until... #HolocaustMemorialDay

I did not know the value..of those conversations.
Then l had so little grown up understanding
Last ten years reflect n my journey,understand better
I grieve
I worked for a survivor of concentration camp,he mentored me into trade
He mentored me into Adulthood.
Watched me boxed in a contest
Helped me learn to drive.
He passed to me a trade
Passed to me his own (plus others),Experiance of life
Friendship.....Long chats,asking me to run to Polska Bakers for half rye loaf ,along with struddles.
Cuppa ,treat, Then laugh ,pause, reflect times in camp when only had cabbage soup.
He was fortunate ...tailoring trade allowed him to be kept......not safe  . .Kept

I hold these moments in my heart forever.......miss that great person ....Mr Todryk
In our trade there were so many who experianced the war,even some who fought for Germans.
Jewish haberdazeries told me own experiances.
Some younger poles.They had too fight for enemy or die..it was when Germans occupied..
often happened in wars.
I am better person for knowing their stories
I am better person for listening to those experiances
I am better person because l was small part witness making better our society,
I get angry when some deny these people and powerful message they shared.

No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"