Sep 12, 2019

could look away ..

There this song from Iggy POP ...he not really a hit thing more of a guardian cultural BBC darlin`

 . . .best remembered for a hit  . .`walk on the wild side`


The song words below are about sexual relationship between man in 30`s and 13 year old girl...apparently pretty common in 80`s with John Peel also being criticised by #METOO  movement.
Marrying a young person who he says Family lied about her age

So now that I'm straight, I'm settled, too
I eat and I sleep and I work like you
Look away
Look away
Sable had a baby back at her folks'
Me, I went straight and serious, too
There wasn't much else that I could do

Look away
Look away
Now Thunder and me did not part friends
What we did once, I wouldn't do again
So he stayed with the pure dream and followed the moon
'Til the drugs in his body made his mind a cartoon
I got lots of feelings, but I hold them down
That's a way I cope with this shitty town

Look away
Look away

Me pretty naive but seams to me we do not forgive...almost got me returning to that `old chestnut` of how our society. Forgotten civil `Christian virtues `like forgiveness...often dragging up previous behaviour and seeking to punish.

EXAMPLE... at night Radio 1 became a white desert. It became 'intelligent'. That is, it became male, hippy and smelly - it became John Peel.



No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"