Apr 9, 2019

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then


2019 UK
  •   Social enterprise now provides debt advice,
  •  Credit union, 
  • Food and furniture shops, 
  • Moses baskets of baby things for new mothers ,
  • Housing co-op. 
  • 125 volunteers playing their part.
Guardian on Monday...... this feels like a beleaguered community at its best in the face of terrible adversity.


As my faith grew, my environment changed moved from closed ` . .muscular Christianity` . . model of youth work into social engagement, type of open and outreaching Model.


I did not know these names, styles, or approaches, yes l was naive but was also growing.
GOD working out stuff in me....yes me...


My little Church at Cottingham road nurtured myself and few others. Our Minister David plus several others were supportive.
Life Was taking place but we was still so young,
 It was the late 70`s and early 80`s.

Guess Bod Seger puts its best when he sang . . .
“Wish l didn`t know now ...What l didn`t know then....
Against the wind...

Poverty . . . .

Becoming more an issue and along own awareness which like now as then was hard....poverty was becoming an issue growing issue....

No comments:

politics on 5 th July 2024

  YOU KEEP PLAYING `THOSE IF ONLY GAMES`. That's all that will happen they will keep making the poor very much poorer, the vulnerable w...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"