Feb 7, 2013

Norman from Cheers., . . .Wisdom

So can you read my face
can you tell what l am thinking
what does my body posture tell you about me
what`s going on in my head?

It all sounds rather deep but it comes from a comedy programme called `Cheers` about bar life in Boston.
Norman is a guy who just appears to hang around all day in the bar poking fun and having a laugh
He has replied retort to those who may feel that just by looking at someone, they can sum them up.
But of course it’s not like that and he really gets to the point.
In the comedy he is an accomplished accountant married, appears very happy, plus strong friend especially in `Cliff the postman`.
What prejudices can be formed by first impressions?
Nor do l go along with the view that you can form strong points about a person based on the 20 second rule feel, like, that we  are far more complex then that.

As god says in psalm 139
GOD investigate my life;
    get all the facts first-hand.
I’m an open book to you;
    even from a distance, you know what I’m thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
    I’m never out of your sight.
You know everything I’m going to say
    before I start the first sentence.

No comments:

Flying through Gods Cathedral.

 Alongside the car as we drove over the Moors. It appeared so witchy, so off another world. Together in silence Matty and his Dad...We obser...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"