Sep 2, 2012

Church unsettled me

Sunday after Church l write this
it may just be the awkward opinionated me shining thru
but often feel ..think ....and reflect this to myself
today l choose to share this...

Church unsettles me a lot
l am not an Anglican.
Baptist.
Came to faith as teenager More then 25 years ago.
when l listen to what passed as worship today it worries me. The sermon was uninspiring and syrup for the masses.
Prayers were Formic.
09.15 in the morning, we came left and home for 10.30
some parents brought there children to be Baptised (as the rector? stated).
They came forward near the end of the service.
Muttered a few words then after a prayer went back to there places
NOW
Is this me. l do not feel the parents will ever attempt to reflect on today
Nor do l imagine,
but pray for them to know Jesus and God
But l do not imagine that these parents will make any real effort to encourage the child to,
Examine.
Explore.
Support.
Reflect.
Ponder.
On the teaching, example or words of Jesus!
Also often come away from this place and feel `wasted my time`.
Often missed opportunities for the truth to be presented . . . .


No comments:

Going places...

          Some people just don't        know how to be Kind.         Age doesn't season them,       time does not mellow Them.  Try ...

MAYBE WE WON`T MEET AGAIN

. . . she got a postcard in the mail
That just said Heaven,with a picture of the ocean and the beach
The simple words he wrote her
Said he loved her
How he'd hold her if his arms would reach
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near,Wish I could touch your face
The weather's nice, it's paradise
It's summertime all year and there's some folks we know
They say, "Hello, "
I miss you so, wish you were here"